BRIDGE OF GOD’S LOVE – II28 January 2018
This continues our study on our lives being built a bridge of God’s love, so we can help others to cross over from where they are to where God wants them to be. His agape love is key to launching us to a season of refreshing, renewing, and eventually His revival.
1. Love does not envy
It will always be true, that others will do as good as you, or even better than you, and we must learn to trust in the Lord to bring us across. We must not covet somebody else’s.
2. Love does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth
This includes the ideas and every-day downfall of society, as well as any satisfaction we could feel toward another’s pain or loss.
3. Love does not parade itself, is not puffed up
Love does not live in the illusion of the fantasy of the idea that you’re something you’re not.
4. Love does not behave rudely
Rude means tasteless, without any charm, impolite.
5. Love bears all things
Greek word is “stego” meaning to protect, to cover like a roof.
Love sees the embarrassing and wrong, and covers it.
Our Life Application (living in the love of God)
- We must learn to cover and protect other’s inadequacies
- We must be built a bridge of God’s love where people can cross from where they are to where God wants them to be.